Zucchini stuffed with minced meat
Round zucchini are perfect for delicious and filling fillings.
With a little imagination, you can create various delicious meals with this unique vegetable. If you ever find round zucchini, this dish is a must
Zucchini is one of my favorite vegetables, along with artichokes.
But at home, there is only my youngest who is like me and who likes this vegetable.
When I saw these three beautiful round courgettes on the greengrocer’s stall, I couldn’t help but buy them, even though the price was a bit high.
It is rare that I find round zucchini at the market, when I saw them, I had lots of ideas for stuffing these courgettes.
But at the same time I wanted a stuffing that my husband and my son would eat without complaining, and of course minced meat is the easiest ingredient to use in stuffing, and that everyone loves at home.
That’s why I made this delicious dish of stuffed zucchini with minced meat presented with a creamy tomato sauce.
I had a piece of beef at home which I ground up. I don’t really like minced meat ready at the butcher’s, always a lot of fat in it, so a grinder is always important at home.
I also invite you to buy one and always have good Horeca equipment. My husband sometimes criticizes me for buying rather expensive kitchen equipment. But my principle is always:
“you get what you paid for”… you have the quality according to the price (ouch ouch ouch, I know that I mistranslated the sentence, and I don’t know if we have the equivalent of the sentence in English!! !).
Anyway, just to let you know that I’ve had this chopper in my house for over 10 years and I use it sometimes, twice a week, it’s still like new.
Sometimes I buy a large quantity of beef, which I chop all at once and place in special freezer bags for later use.
Zucchini stuffed in the oven
Coming back to this recipe stuffed zucchini, namely the quality of zucchini:
– If the courgettes are all fresh and young, I just stuff them and bake them.
– But sometimes I come across zucchinis that are a little hard, I blanch them first, so that the zucchini stuffed with minced meat is very tender in the mouth and super melting, there is nothing more frustrating than seeing that your zucchini is not well cooked.
My mother’s trick, to keep the courgettes intact, she steams them.
My mother for a complete dish, she always concocts to accompany this round stuffed zucchini extra melting, a delicious creamy tomato sauce.
Zucchini stuffed with minced meat in video:
Many ask me to share my recipes on video, and I try when I can to do so. I hope this video is clear to you.
What do you need for these stuffed zucchini?
The quantities in detail are at the bottom of the recipe card.
– Round zucchinicertainly these zucchini are much more beautiful to present this dish, but you use the long zucchini that you will cut either in sections, or in lengths to make zucchini boats.
– Minced meatpersonally I prefer to use beef in 3/4 of the quantity and add 1/4 of the quantity of lamb meat, just so that the stuffing is very tender.
But do not forget that you will add the heart removed from the zucchini, so it will soften the stuffing well.
– Onionand garlic.
– Extra virgin olive oil,
– Cumin, salt and black pepper.
These are the ingredients for the zucchini stuffing. As for the tomato and the aromatic herbs in the recipe card, it is to prepare the tomato sauce.
How to prepare stuffed zucchini?
– Wash the zucchini well, cut the cap and empty the zucchini from their hearts using a teaspoon
– If you think the zucchini is a little hard to cook, blanch for at least 10 minutes in salted water, without overcooking them. Or steam it.
– In a pan, brown the chopped onion.
– Add 1 clove of crushed garlic and the pieces of zucchini that you removed earlier.
– When these ingredients have taken on a nice color, introduce the minced meat.
– Season with cumin, salt and black pepper to taste, and cook well (add a little water if you think the meat is not well cooked, the stuffing should be reduced in the end.
– Purée the tomato with 1 clove of garlic, add a little salt and the flavored herbs.
– Pour this tomato purée into the bottom of a gratin dish.
– Place the courgettes in it, and fill them with the stuffing.
– Garnish the top with cheese, cover with the zucchini cap.
– Brush the zucchini with a little oil.
– Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 20 to 30 minutes.
Even if you don’t have the round zucchini, you can still make this delicious dish of stuffed zucchini with long courgettes, you just have to cut them into small sections of almost 5 cm, and stuff them.
Frankly, it’s really beautiful to present, and easier to cook, you can see this way of presentation in the zucchini dolma recipe (link below)
If like me you like zucchini I pass you other recipes based on this vegetable:
Zucchini stuffed with minced meat
start by emptying the washed zucchini
In a pan, sauté the chopped onion.
add 1 clove of crushed garlic and the pieces of zucchini that you removed earlier
when these ingredients have taken on a nice color, introduce the minced meat
season with cumin, salt and black pepper to taste, and cook well (add a little water if you think the meat is not well cooked, the stuffing should be well reduced in the end
Purée the tomato with 1 clove of garlic, add a little salt and the flavored herbs.
pour this tomato purée into the bottom of a gratin pan
place the courgettes in it, and fill them with the stuffing.
garnish the top with cheese, cover with the end of the zucchini.
brush the zucchini with a little oil
Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 20 to 30 minutes
If you are afraid that your zucchini will not cook enough in the oven, you can blanch them after having emptied them in a little salt (8 minutes) and after stuffing them, it will cook more quickly in the oven.
You have tried one of my recipes, send me the photos on my email:
If you want to receive the recipes of my quick and easy cooking blog, subscribe to my newsletter:
Algerian fried cakes5 days ago
My Algerian cakes Aid el fitr 2014
Moroccan food3 weeks ago
Eggplant zaalouk of Moroccan cuisine
Moroccan food1 week ago
tajine of chicken roll with meat and mushrooms
Various kitchen2 months ago
Kefta skewers, minced meat skewer
Algerian fried cakes2 weeks ago
makrout of Tlemcen – Love of cooking
Moroccan food2 months ago
Batbout Moroccan bread with flour
Algerian fried cakes3 weeks ago
balah el sham, or Turkish tulumba with honey
Moroccan food3 weeks ago
easy egg kofta tagine